Reference Number 2022-237
Perley Health is a unique and innovative community that empowers Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest. Home to more than 600 Seniors and Veterans in long-term care and in independent apartments, Perley Health provides a growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services to residents, tenants and people from across the region.
One of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario, Perley Health is also a centre for research, education, and clinical innovation. Our Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care conducts and shares the practical research needed to improve care. Future caregivers come here to study and to acquire hands-on skills and experience.
Perley Health’s values are brought to life each day by our over 800 employees. And more than 400 regular volunteers connect us closely with the community. Together, we improve the well-being of Canada’s aging population.
Our Support Services Department has the following opportunity:
Summer Youth Program Assistant
June 13 to August 26, 2022
30 hours per week
Reporting to the Coordinator, Volunteer Services, and working closely with Volunteer Services staff, this temporary position will be responsible for:
- Screening, mentoring and recognizing youth volunteers.
- Working with staff in all programs to develop opportunities for inter-generational volunteering.
- Facilitating group and 1:1 orientation for youth volunteers.
- Daily assignment of youth volunteers to various internal programs and services.
- Monitoring volunteer compliance with COVID-19 directives.
- Providing clerical support including filing, data entry, photocopying, etc.
- You possess excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- You are independent, organized and able to work as part of a team.
- You have the ability to identify priorities and meet timelines.
- You have a customer service orientation and proven leadership abilities.
- Core skills include oral and written (English) communication, proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and various social media platforms.
- Previous volunteer experience with Perley Health is considered an asset.
- Availability primarily during weekdays, daytime, with limited evening or weekend shifts.
- In accordance with Canada Summer Jobs requirements, candidates must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
All serious candidates are encouraged to forward a cover letter and resume by 4:00 p.m. Monday, May 16, 2022 to:
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.
Download this post: Click here