Fixing Long-Term Care Act, 2021 (FLTCA)
June 30, 2022
A letter to members of the Perley Health community from Mary Boutette, Chief Operating Officer.
- To read the letter, CLICK HERE
- Credit to the Ontario Ministry of Long-Term Care and Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) for providing valuable information, analysis and original content on the regulatory impact of the new legislation and analysis referenced in this letter.
Perley Health is a unique and innovative community that empowers Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest. Home to more than 600 Seniors and Veterans in long-term care and in independent living apartments, Perley Health provides a growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services to residents, tenants and people from across the region.
With 450 long-term care and short-stay care beds for Seniors and Veterans, Perley Health is one of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario. Home to the Perley Health Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care™, the Centre of Excellence conducts and shares the practical research needed to improve care. Future caregivers come here to study and to acquire hands-on skills and experience.
Perley Health’s values are brought to life each day by our over 800 employees and more than 300 regular volunteers connect us closely with the community. Together, we improve the well-being of Canada’s aging population.
An Introduction to Perley Health
Vision, Mission and Values
Administrator: Akos Hoffer, Chief Executive Officer
Director of Nursing: Rachel de Kemp
Manager, Infection Prevention and Control: Tania Paolini, RN, BScN, CIC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resident Bill of Rights
- Report an urgent complaint: Call the Long-Term Care Family Support and Action Line: toll-free 1-866-434-0144
- Hours of operation: 8:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m., 7 days a week
- For non-urgent complaints, please visit the Ministry of Long-Term Care website: https://www.ontario.ca/page/long-term-care-home-complaint-process
- View the Resident Bill of Rights, Perley Health Vision, Mission, Values, Code of Conduct: https://www.perleyhealth.ca/vision
Current Annual Report for Perley Health
- Most recent CEO Community Report: https://www.perleyhealth.ca/article/ceo-report-to-the-community-375.asp
- Archive of CEO Community Reports: https://www.perleyhealth.ca/report
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
Emergency Response Plan: CLICK HERE
In addition to the Emergency Response Plan, which outlines Perley Health’s overall approach to emergency preparedness and response, the facility has also developed detailed plans and operational procedures to effectively respond to the following situations:
- outbreaks of a communicable disease, outbreaks of a disease of public health significance, epidemics and pandemics;
- community disasters;
- violent outbursts;
- bomb threats;
- medical emergencies;
- chemical spills;
- situations involving a missing resident;
- loss of one or more essential services;
- gas leaks;
- natural disasters and extreme weather events;
- boil water advisories; and
Emergency response policies and procedures (P&P) are available for staff and volunteers on PolicyMedical, and are reviewed at minimum once a year. To request a copy of one or more emergency response P&P, please contact the co-chairs of the facility’s Emergency Measures Committee: Melissa Norman, Director of Quality and Interprofessional Care (email@example.com) or Nadia Butt, IPAC Employee Health Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org).