Leading innovation in frailty informed care to enable Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest.
Achieving excellence in the health, safety and well-being of Seniors and Veterans with a focus on innovation in person centred and frailty-informed care and service.
Together we improve the well-being of the people we serve.
Perley Health Core Values
Perley Health operates under the belief that ageing well is rooted in living well – that there is joy in living every day. We also believe that each person is unique and valuable, and is entitled to purposeful, person-centred and compassionate healthcare. Our core values and the expected behaviours that flow from them will guide the implementation of our strategy and the realization of our vision.
Compassion is to understand the condition of others, and to commit oneself to the caring necessary to enhance health and quality of life, and to relieve suffering. We commit to:
- Providing a safe, comfortable, caring and friendly environment, and ensuring a good quality of life;
- Maintaining flexibility and adaptability in relationships;
- Displaying empathy, tolerance and forgiving in all interactions.
Respect is the basis of all of our relationships. Accordingly, we commit to:
- Taking a person- and family-centered approach to care;
- Respecting cultural, social, gender, class, spiritual, and linguistic differences;
- Maintaining respect for our unique responsibilities to both Veteran and community residents;
- Respecting privacy and confidentiality;
- Respecting all members of the team – their contributions and views are valued, acknowledged and rewarded;
- Valuing ongoing and open communication.
Integrity and ethical practice must permeate all actions of Perley Health. We commit to:
- Honesty and trustworthiness in all that we do;
- Being accountable and responsible for all of our actions.
Excellence. Perley Health is dedicated to achieving excellence in all that we do and commits to
- Excellent quality of care;
- Employing caring, engaged staff committed to excellence, innovation and continuing improvement;
- Taking pride in what we do.
Code of Conduct
To realize our Vision and Mission, staff and volunteers demonstrate our Core Values through our conduct. This Code of Conduct reflects Perley Health’s expectations that the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct will be maintained at all times.
Staff and Volunteers:
- Uphold the Residents’ Bill of Rights. Attending to residents and their families is our first priority.
- Act respectfully at all times towards those with whom we interact. We do not tolerate behaviour that is abusive, insubordinate, humiliating, harassing, exploitive, threatening, or discriminatory.
- Respect, and are vigilant regarding, the safety and security of each other, those we serve, and of personal belongings. We always follow safe work practices. We respect the confidentiality of personal and privileged information.
- Use resources wisely. We do not misuse, waste, steal, or abuse time, materials, equipment, or the property of Perley Health.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, diligence and care at all times. We abide by the law.
- Carry out our responsibilities to the best of our abilities. We ask questions if we don’t understand something. We devote our full care and attention to our work when we are on duty. We cooperate to get the job done.
- Act ethically at all times. We do not accept money or materially significant gifts from the people we serve, and we make ethical decisions regarding their well-being. We declare and resolve any conflicts of interest.
- Maintain a friendly, professional appearance. We wear suitable clothing and/or uniforms appropriate for our role. We wear official identification. We are scent-free.
- Comply with Perley Health’s policies, procedures, directives, guidelines, and applicable professional standards.
- Understand that the Code of Conduct governs our conduct at all times, but does not specifically address every situation. We are responsible for our own behaviour.