Please note that during the pandemic access to our long-term care buildings and services have been restricted, complying with government directive to keep our community safe.
- Perley Health continues to expand its service offerings to meets the needs of our community.
- Perley Health services, such as physiotherapy and massage and catering are complemented by the services third-party service providers to deliver an ever-expanding range of medical, therapeutic, educational and spiritual supports.
- From a menu of room rentals and catering services to community supports, Perley Health aims to accommodate a wide range of lifestyles and budgets.
- Perley Health has the infrastructure and expertise to make an even larger contribution by meeting the needs of residents from across the Champlain region.
Food & Nutrition Services offers a catering service for special occasions, such as birthdays and/or anniversaries and Celebration of Life services.
Our catering staff have created a variety of menus to meet every need and diet.
To access the catering menu please contact:
- Consult the Cafeteria/Catering Supervisor: 613 526-7171 (ext. 2606)
The Cafeteria is not open to caregivers or visitors during the pandemic.
- The Cafeteria is open seven-days a week, every day of the year from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Inquiries about the cafeteria and/or catering can be made at 613 526-7171 (ext. 2606).
The catering menu is available here (.PDF)
Physiotherapy and Massage Clinic at Perley Health
The staff of the Physiotherapy and Massage Clinic at Perley Health provide physiotherapy services in the facility. Various programs are available such as strength training classes, gait training, pain relief and chest physiotherapy.
The Physiotherapy and Massage Clinic at Perley Health is located in the Atrium. The staff provide physiotherapy services in the facility. Residents and their families may choose private physiotherapy and/or massage therapy services to supplement their care.
Upon admission, all residents are assessed by a physiotherapist to determine if treatment is appropriate under Ministry of Health guidelines.
Residents who qualify, receive a treatment plan for services.
Residents who don’t qualify but may benefit from treatment, are provided with options for payment of fees. The fees for these services are not covered by Perley Health but may be covered by the resident’s private insurance. All care provision must adhere to the Private Physiotherapy and Physiotherapy Support Services Policy that outlines the expectations of the private provider, resident/family and the Perley Health. Residents and their families may choose private physiotherapy and/or massage therapy services to supplement their care by calling 613 526-7175.
- Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:00
- Phone: 613-526-7175
- Fax: 613-526-7160
- Location: Hallway leading from Main Entrance, atrium on the Main Floor.
A dental hygienist is available for consultation for Veteran and community residents. A referral can be made through the registered nursing staff. For qualified Veteran residents, a range of dental services is available through Veterans Affairs Canada. For community residents, dental services are not covered by OHIP and must be paid for by the resident.
The Dental Care Clinic is located on the main floor in the Interprofessional Clinic at Perley Health.
- Phone: 613-526-7178
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information to come
Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County
Gone…but not forgotten!
Members of the Perley Health community may have noticed that signage for The Dementia Society – a long-time tenant — has been removed. The Dementia Society will soon officially announce their new location, after over 20 years at Perley.
For their first 40 years, Dementia Society activities were held in community and partner spaces across Ottawa and Renfrew County. Starting in 2023, The Dementia Society will welcome members of the public to their new purpose-built space for in-person education, social and recreational activities, support groups and services.
The Dementia Society continues to offer online and telephone support, education and activities six days a week, and at in-person events across the region. To learn more, visit DementiaHelp.ca, the Society’s bilingual resource website, or contact The Dementia Society through the online chat function on DementiaHelp.ca, or call 613.523.4004 or toll-free 1.888.411.2067.
Deborah’s Gift Boutique
- Deborah’s Gift Boutique is named for Deborah Bennett, Boutique founder and long-serving volunteer.
- Deborah’s Gift Boutique sells confectionary items, greeting cards, gift items and postage stamps.
- Complimentary gift-wrapping is available for gifts purchased.
- The Boutique is run by volunteers.
- In more than 20 years, the Boutique has donated more than $500,000 to the Perley Health Foundation.
- The shop is located across from the pharmacy.
- Please phone 613 526-7171 (ext. 2851).
- Visit the Boutique's webpage: CLICK HERE
Jo and Denny’s Pub
- Please note that the Pub's hours and access times have changed during the pandemic.
- The Volunteer Bartender can be contacted at 613 526-7171 (ext. 2850) during pub hours.
- Proceeds from the Pub support activities for the Veterans’ Council.
Palliative Care Family Suite
The suite is available to families during end-of-life care.
The suite is located on Ottawa 2 East Unit across from the dining room. It has a private bath/shower, a pullout futon, a kitchenette with small appliances (including a fridge), a television with cable and a telephone for local calls. Housekeeping provides towels, linens and toiletries.
- The suite is available at no charge; however a $20 deposit is required to obtain the room key.
- Room bookings can be made through the Commissionaire at the Main Entrance.
- Donations are welcome to the Perley Health Foundation.
Notice: The hairdresser will be away on vacation from August 17th through August 29th, 2022.
- Judy Huynh operates the Hairdresser/Barber.
- Judy is a registered hairstylist under the Ontario College of Trades and has over 25 years of professional services.
- Throughout her career Judy has demonstrated creative artistry and technical skill in designing and executing a full range of hair services, including, cut, colour, highlights, perms, etc. to provide a positive customer experience.
- Judy can be reached through email at email@example.com or phone number 613-526-7153.