Perley Health is a unique and innovative community that empowers Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest. Home to more than 600 Seniors and Veterans in long-term care and in independent apartments, Perley Health provides a growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services to residents, tenants and people from across the region.
One of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario, Perley Health is also a centre for research, education, and clinical innovation. Our Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care conducts and shares the practical research needed to improve care. Future caregivers come here to study and to acquire hands-on skills and experience.
Perley Health’s values are brought to life each day by our over 800 employees. And more than 400 regular volunteers connect us closely with the community. Together, we improve the well-being of Canada’s aging population.
We are embarking on a multi-year growth strategy, and are seeking an experienced
Registered Massage Therapist
Part-Time; 1-2 Days A Week (Flexible Schedule)
Perley Health is currently looking for a dynamic and driven Registered Massage Therapist to join our team of clinicians for the provision of massage assessment, treatment, and care.
The Registered Massage Therapist has the following key responsibilities:
- Delivering Massage Therapy services to community clients, residents and staff.
- Graduate of a College of Massage Therapy diploma program;
- Registration with College of Massage Therapists of Ontario;
- CPR certification;
- Experience in private outpatient orthopaedic, short stay rehab and LTC settings is an asset;
- Experience working with an older adult population is an asset;
- 2-3 years clinical practice experience preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong physical assessment & treatment planning skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively as a member of a team;
- A commitment to best practices, quality improvement and client-driven care;
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.