Reference Number 2022-484
Perley Health is a unique and innovative community that empowers Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest. Home to more than 600 Seniors and Veterans in long-term care and in independent apartments, Perley Health provides a growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services to residents, tenants and people from across the region.
One of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario, Perley Health is also a centre for research, education, and clinical innovation. Our Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care conducts and shares the practical research needed to improve care. Future caregivers come here to study and to acquire hands-on skills and experience.
Perley Health’s values are brought to life each day by our over 800 employees. And more than 400 regular volunteers connect us closely with the community. Together, we improve the well-being of Canada’s aging population.
We are embarking on a multi-year growth strategy, and are seeking an experienced
The Instructor Creative Arts - Music Therapist will be responsible for the planning and implementation of a music therapy program that is appropriate to the social, emotional, spiritual, physical and cognitive needs of seniors.
The Instructor Creative Arts – Music Therapist has the following key responsibilities:
- You will possess excellent communication and musical skills.
- Be independent, organized and be able to work as part of a team.
- You will have the ability to create and foster therapeutic relationships, assess and implement therapeutic goals, and plan and lead therapy sessions in groups and individually.
- Knowledge of a variety of musical styles and appropriate repertoire for seniors is required, as is an ability to sing and play various instruments.
- Piano and guitar skills and the ability to perform on stage are assets.
- Bachelor of Music Therapy.
- Accredited with the Canadian Association of Music Therapy or must have this file in process.
- You must have the credentials to supervise music Therapy students.
- Experience working with seniors is an asset.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, outlining your background and experience with each key responsibility to our Human Resources department at:
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.