On March 22, 2023, the Ministry of Long-Term Care released a memo providing updated guidance which outlines recommendations for winding down COVID-19 specific policies through a phased approach.
The following changes will come into effect on March 31, 2023.
- Masks, provided by Perley Health, must be worn by all members of the Perley Health community at all times.
- Residents are not required to wear masks
- Masks may be removed by staff, volunteers and tenants when eating in designated areas.
- Essential Visitors and General Visitors are permitted to purchase food from the Cafeteria and sit with residents as long as they remain masked and adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
- Essential Visitors and General Visitors are not permitted to eat in the Cafeteria.
- Essential Visitors and General Visitors are permitted to remove masks only when eating in a residents room.
Visitor Screening Ended
- Active screening is no longer required for all Essential Visitors and General Visitors.
- Effective March 31, visitors entering the home are required to complete passive screening and sign in at the Main Reception.
Vaccination Requirements Ended
- Essential Visitors and General Visitors are no longer required to be vaccinated to enter Perley Health.
- Proof of vaccination is no longer required.
- All vaccination requirements for entering the home are lifted effective immediately
- We strongly encourage everyone entering Perley Health to be up-to-date on their vaccinations to keep our community safe.
- Perley Health will be retiring our COVID-19 Immunization Policy.
Safety Protocols in Designated Spaces and Cafeteria
- Physical distancing protocols must continue to be followed in designated spaces and considering all optionsfor the Perley Health Community to enjoy meals.
- The Perley Health Command Centres is exploring all of our options for these areas and an update will be provided in April.
- All future changes will align with legislation.
Visiting During Outbreaks
- The limit on Essential Visitors during a COVID-19 Outbreak has been removed.
- Perley Health will return to the historical practice using the same risk-based approach we use when determining control measures for other outbreaks.
Asymptomatic Surveillance Testing Ended
- The Ministry no longer requires asymptomatic testing for staff, students, volunteers, support workers and all Essential Visitors and General Visitors.
- The Swab Clinic closes today at 5 pm, March 30, 2023 at 1700.
- Thank you very much to all Swab Clinic staff and the team of volunteers who have supported the operations of the Swab Clinic for the past two years.
Resident Screening and Daily Temperature Checks
- Daily temperature checks and screening of residents upon return from an absence will no longer be required.
- Residents will continue to be monitored daily to detect the presence of infection.
Thank you, Perley Health Community,
These past three years, our community has faced an unprecedented global health crisis that affected every aspect of our lives.
Thank you for your perseverance, your courage, your resilience, your patience and your support. Your contributions have made a profound difference in the lives of so many of our residents, tenants, volunteers, staff, families and friends.
And your tireless efforts have not gone unnoticed. On behalf of the Perley Health Command Centre and the entire team, please know that we are forever thankful for all your efforts. Your commitment to providing high-quality care, support, and compassion to those entrusted to our care, is a testament to your strength and dedication.
Thank you for your hard work, sacrifice, and unwavering commitment to the health and well-being of your community.
Together, we improve the well-being of the people we serve.
Now, let’s look forward to some “precedented times”!
This message will be shared today as an email to all subscribers, posted to the website, printed for pick-up at the Main Entrance and adapted for the TVs in the Common areas.