JOB POSTING: 2021- 133
Long Term Care P.S.W. Positions
$23.28 - $24.46
Perley Health is looking for Personal Support Workers to join our knowledgeable and professional team who are passionate about providing quality care. We are one of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario. Perley Health campus includes 450 long-term care beds, a 12-bed Guest House providing respite care and a Seniors Village with 139 independent-living apartments for seniors. We proudly house and serve both Community and Veteran beds and stand by our core values, because ‘Together, we improve the well-being of people we serve.’
What sets Perley Health apart from other long-term care homes?
- We are an RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO)
- We are a recognized Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care
- We have achieved exemplary standing with Accreditation Canada
We also have many on site practice supports:
- Full time wound care resource nurse
- Full time Psychogeriatric team
- Full time Collaborative Practice Nurse; supports new nurses and supports education
- Offering many preceptorship placements for students pursuing careers in healthcare
Personal Support Workers (PSWs) at Perley Health are accountable to provide excellent resident care as outlined in the individualized care plan of each resident. The PSW works to their full scope in a collaborative team environment. We ensure our PSW’s participate in care plan discussions, identify and report changes in resident health care needs, and document their actions as required.
The Personal Support Worker is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of Perley Health to ensure resident safety, and demonstrate customer service excellence, through the provision of daily resident care.
Education & Experience
- A valid Personal Support Worker Certificate from a NACC Certified College
- Ability to speak, read and write English sufficiently
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent interpersonal skills & communication skills
- Ability to work with the elderly in a resident centered care environment
- Ability to operate a mechanical lift, whirlpool bath, wheelchair, geriatric chair, stretcher, commodes, lounge chair & other equipment required to provide resident care
- A Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (Heart Saver) Certificate – not required
- Safe Food Handlers Certificate – would be an asset
Job Type: Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time, Temporary Full Time and Casual
Salary: $23.28- $24.46
Reference ID: 2021-134
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.
- Please email your application to: email@example.com
- Fax to: 613-526-7190