Perley Health is a unique and innovative community that empowers Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest. Home to more than 600 Seniors and Veterans in long-term care and in independent apartments, Perley Health provides a growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services to residents, tenants and people from across the region.
One of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario, Perley Health is also a centre for research, education, and clinical innovation. Our Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care conducts and shares the practical research needed to improve care. Future caregivers come here to study and to acquire hands-on skills and experience.
Perley Health's values are brought to life each day by our over 800 employees. And more than 400 regular volunteers connect us closely with the community. Together, we improve the well-being of Canada's aging population.
We are embarking on a multi-year growth strategy, and are seeking an experienced
Part-Time; 2 days a week (6:30AM - 2:30PM)
Rotation Week 1: Thursday, Tuesday
Rotation Week 2: Saturday, Sunday
$23.120 – $24.719
The ability to meet the normal requirements of the job, including, but not restricted to:
- Ability to perform job duties, which may include the use of specific equipment
- Demonstrate ability to organize own work and identify properties.
- A valid Food Handler Certification - one-day food handler course which teaches safe food handling principles and practices, valid for 5 years. This course requirement is to be provided by Public Health, under The Health and Promotion Act.
- A Police Check (vulnerable sector) must be completed if the applicant did not provide one to Perley Health upon hire.
- Ability to speak and write English sufficiently to meet the normal requirements of the job.
- Institutional, health care, restaurant, or hospitality cooking experience (in place of the identified educational/training requirements such as Food Service Worker, Chef Training and Culinary Management as listed in the Ontario Colleges of applied arts and technology at, 2002 or registered private career college in Ont.) that the employer is reasonably satisfied to allow them to perform the duties required of the position.
- Each candidate will be required to complete an interview to determine skills and abilities aligned with the Cook Classification. Following interviews, all things being equal seniority will prevail.
Alternatively, Perley Health may hire cooks with the educational qualifications such as:
- A chef training or culinary management diploma or certificate granted by a college established under the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002; or granted by a registered private career college for successfully completing a program approved by the Superintendent of Private Career Colleges under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
- b) A diploma or certificate granted in another jurisdiction and a set of skills that, in the reasonable opinion of the licensee, is equivalent to those that the licensee would expect of a person who has a diploma or certificate provided for in clause (a).
- c) A certificate of qualification as a Cook issued by the Director of Apprenticeship under the Apprenticeship and Certification Act, 1998, or after Part III of the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act, 2009 comes into force by the Registrar of the College under that Act, or
- d) A post secondary diploma in Food and Nutrition Management or a post secondary degree in Food and Nutrition.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, outlining your background and experience with each key responsibility
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.