Reference Number 2022-280
Perley Health is a unique and innovative community that empowers Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest. Home to more than 600 Seniors and Veterans in long-term care and in independent apartments, Perley Health provides a growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services to residents, tenants and people from across the region.
One of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario, Perley Health is also a centre for research, education, and clinical innovation. Our Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care conducts and shares the practical research needed to improve care. Future caregivers come here to study and to acquire hands-on skills and experience.
Perley Health’s values are brought to life each day by our over 800 employees. And more than 400 regular volunteers connect us closely with the community. Together, we improve the well-being of Canada’s aging population.
We are embarking on a multi-year growth strategy, and are seeking an experienced:
Human Resources Specialist
The Human Resources Specialist is a generalist Human Resources staff member who administers necessary processes associated with the employee life cycle at Perley Health. The work performed is shared amongst a team of employees in this role, and individuals may specialize in or provide administrative and technical support to one or more of the following employee life-cycle processes:
Recruitment and Employee On-Boarding, Rewards and Recognition, Labour and Employee Relations, Occupational Health & Safety, WSIB and Disability Management, Employee Services, Leave Management, Termination, Retirement and HRIS administration.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- At least 2 years administrative, clerical or secretarial experience, with a minimum of one year experience in a Health Care Setting
- Experience using Excel spreadsheets, graphing, tables, calculations, and automation efficiently to process large quantities of data relevant to business tasks
- Work experience as an HRIS (Human Resources Information System) Administrator or similar role is considered an asset
- Administrative or Business-Related College Diploma required. Human Resources Program or related certification is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy and respect for confidentiality.
- Detail oriented, able to follow processes accurately and precisely.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, HRIS, SharePoint)
- Ability to read and write competently in English. Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter, outlining your background and experience with each key responsibility to our Human Resources department at:
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.
Download this post: Click here