Reference Number 2022-499
Perley Health is a unique and innovative community that empowers Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest. Home to more than 600 Seniors and Veterans in long-term care and in independent apartments, Perley Health provides a growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services to residents, tenants and people from across the region.
One of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario, Perley Health is also a centre for research, education, and clinical innovation. Our Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care conducts and shares the practical research needed to improve care. Future caregivers come here to study and to acquire hands-on skills and experience.
Perley Health’s values are brought to life each day by our over 800 employees. And more than 400 regular volunteers connect us closely with the community. Together, we improve the well-being of Canada’s aging population.
We are embarking on a multi-year growth strategy, and are seeking an experienced
The Executive Assistant provides executive level administrative and secretarial assistance to assure efficient operation of the Executive Office and Board of Directors.
- Anticipates the needs of the CEO, and Chair of the Board, recommends and negotiates priorities for work flow, and ensures deadlines are met.
- Manages the calendar of the CEO, identifying priorities and making necessary adjustments.
- Writes and independently edits minutes of the Board of Directors and its Executive Committee; the Corporation; and other Executive Office committees, ensuring that the contents are accurate and written with tact and diplomacy.
- Drafts Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Corporation meeting agendas for completion by the CEO and Board Chair; coordinates the development and accessibility of Board and Corporation meeting packages and provides extensive support to the Board of Directors.
- Develops agendas for Executive Office committee meetings; provides high level support to those committees.
- Supervises the administrative assistants to the Board of Directors.
- Composes letters and memoranda and answers correspondence for matters not requiring the CEO’s attention.
- Screens and determines the priority of incoming correspondence, telephone calls, and requests made by management and staff members.
- Organizes, prioritizes and expedites the flow of work through the Executive Office.
- Ensures effective internal and external communication from the Executive Office by assessing matters of importance being dealt with by the Executive Office or Board of Directors and takes initiative to send information to senior staff, the CEO, COO and/or CFO for consideration for broader communication.
- Ensures the effective and timely handling of all concerns and complaints submitted to the Executive Office regarding resident care and services in keeping with the established policy and procedure and by establishing appropriate communication with the complainant and an effective process to respond to the complaint at the appropriate level in the organization.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within the organization and with government, partners and other stakeholders.
- Monitors Executive Office supply and expenses budget and recommends or takes corrective action when necessary. Monitors Administrative Assistants hours of work to ensure alignment with budget.
- Monitors the office equipment and computer technology environment to recommend equipment or computer programs that would enhance Executive Office functions.
- Keeps the CEO informed about critical matters related to resident care and operations and substantive communication with the Board of Directors.
- Keeps confidential all knowledge gained through conversations and activities while carrying out responsibilities.
- Completes grammar and style edits for CEO correspondence, presentations and reports.
- Maintains the Executive Office Filing System (paper and electronic for the Executive Office, CEO) in a consistent and orderly manner.
- Maintains official record books for the Board of Directors and its Committees.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records to meet government legislation and standards as required.
- Types documents from written and dictated material and scans, photocopies and faxes documents.
- Orders and maintains office supplies and equipment purchases within approved budget limits. Ensures preventative maintenance and proper functioning of Executive Office equipment.
- Completes the CEO’s expense accounts and ensures signoff approval of all statements by the Chair of the Board. Completes conference registrations and travel arrangements for the CEO.
- Schedules facilities and manages meeting logistics including audio/video/teleconferencing, audio-visual, catering and set-up for Board of Directors, Corporation, and Executive Office meetings.
- Ensures certificate renewals are done on a timely basis. (Example: Liquor License)
- Maintains the facility organization chart.
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration or related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience is required, most recently as an Executive Assistant in a medium to large organization.
- Exceptional minute taking and drafting of correspondence skills are required.
- Excellent analytical and listening abilities to accurately summarize key information
- Demonstrated client-centered and service-oriented approach
- Advanced Microsoft Suite experience (i.e., Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe)
- Outstanding accuracy and impeccable attention to detail
- High level of initiative and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong teamwork skills
Please forward your resume and cover letter, outlining your background and experience with each key responsibility to our Human Resources department at:
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.