Perley Health is a unique and innovative community that empowers Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest. Home to more than 600 Seniors and Veterans in long-term care and in independent apartments, Perley Health provides a growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services to residents, tenants and people from across the region.
One of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario, Perley Health is also a centre for research, education, and clinical innovation. Our Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care conducts and shares the practical research needed to improve care. Future caregivers come here to study and to acquire hands-on skills and experience.
Perley Health’s values are brought to life each day by our over 800 employees. And more than 400 regular volunteers connect us closely with the community. Together, we improve the well-being of Canada’s aging population.
We are embarking on a multi-year growth strategy, and are seeking an experienced
Clinical Quality Lead
Reporting to the Director, Quality and Interprofessional Care, the Clinical Quality Lead provides leadership to and/or supports:
- The day-to-day management and optimization of the RAI-MDS process and other related processes;
- The development and implementation of clinical practices to enhance quality of care, performance measurement/monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support quarterly preparation, review, and submission of RAI-MDS data to CIHI. Review and correct any data quality errors or conflicts as needed.
- Oversee the RAI-MDS process according to Perley Health policy, MOLTC regulations, College Standards of Practice and interRAI requirements.
- Develop and implement data quality monitoring/auditing of RAI-MDS to ensure accuracy and validity of coding.
- Monitor work of the RAI-MDS team and provide coaching as needed.
- Recommend clinical and administrative strategies to enhance/optimize CMI.
- Organizational lead for orientation and ongoing training related to RAI-MDS coding and related documentation practices.
- Collaborate with quality improvement teams to develop, monitor and evaluate quality and safety improvement initiatives (including but not limited to QIP initiatives).
- Collaborate with quality improvement teams to develop standard operating procedures to support key QIs (e.g. falls, pain, antipsychotics, restraints, etc.).
- Conduct regular quality reviews based on MDS reports in PointClickCare and implement associated corrective action, as appropriate. This might include, leveraging a standard operating procedure at the bedside (e.g. interprofessional rounds, pain management review, antipsychotic review, restraints review, etc.), correction to documentation/coding, and/or coaching.
- Support annual BPSO contract obligations, including but not limited to data reporting, training, BPG implementation, etc.
- Update content on Quality TVs quarterly (e.g. Quality Stories and performance data tracking/trending).
- Develop unit level quality reports to share with staff and provide coaching/support on ways to enhance local performance.
- Develop, implement and manage quality and safety monitoring/auditing systems as required for specific projects, and to meet regulatory and system requirements (e.g. inspection protocols, IPAC program requirements, QI initiatives).
- Support analysis and trending of performance indicator data, including but not limited to CIHI, SQLI, quality of life surveys, complaints, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Certification or degree in a regulated health profession.
- 3-5 years experience working in healthcare environment.
- Demonstrate leadership and team building skills, and the ability to work well with others as part of a team;
- Excellent organizational, planning, coordinating and project management skills;
- Presentation and facilitation skills;
- Superior analytical, written and oral communication skills required;
- Ability to implement strategies and lead and motivate people to achieve high levels of performance;
- Ability to be diplomatic, sensitive and to achieve results working with a variety of people at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software in a Windows environment;
- Experience and/or knowledge related to RAI-MDS, CMI and RUG-III funding methodologies;
- Experience and detailed knowledge related to quality improvement methodologies.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, outlining your background and experience with each key responsibility.
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.