Perley Health Foundation is the engine powering our mission to achieve excellence in the health, safety and well-being of older adults. Our donors fund exceptional care and much-needed research, empower knowledge sharing and education, and shape public policy. Together, we are transforming care for Seniors and Veterans.
Perley Health Foundation is seeking a motivated and team-oriented individual for the position of:
Annual Giving Officer
Our donors are passionate about Seniors and Veterans living life to the fullest – and we're passionate about our donors! We are looking to bring on a dynamic and growth-minded fundraising professional to join our small but energized team! We're looking for someone who loves to make meaningful contributions, finds joy in the details, leans into collaboration, and gets excited about impact!
We've just completed our largest capital campaign and are excited about our evolution. Our work is changing lives! Our annual giving program is a critical piece of our success story – and we need a critical eye leading it!
OUR PURPOSE – We inspire giving that transforms the quality of life for the people we love today and in the future.
OUR VISION – Seniors and Veterans are living life to the fullest because philanthropy has fueled Perley Health's care, research, innovation and growth.
OUR MISSION – Through storytelling and relationship building, we empower an engaged donor community to transform the quality of life of Seniors and Veterans.
OUR VALUES – Excellence | Authenticity | Engagement | Impact | Joy
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Annual Giving Officer executes the strategy and tactics for our annual giving program. The objectives of our annual giving program are to help grow our Foundation of support and to ensure our donors experience joy through their donor journey.
Our Annual Giving Officer will be supported by a robust plan with a focus on an effective acquisition strategy and cultivation and upgrade program. You will build donor loyalty through authentic donor relations and stewardship programs. Our plan includes an emphasis on retaining/upgrading current donors and soliciting new donors to enable Perley Health to transform care for Seniors and Veterans.
SCOPE – The Annual Giving Officer has accountability for the overall management of the programs related to direct response. These programs include direct mail, newsletters, targeted digital fundraising, acquisition, special events and stewardship.
The Annual Giving Officer is charged with managing relationships and securing support from donors who are capable of making gifts on an annual basis.
Our Annual Giving Officer will prepare a written work plan that rolls out of the approved annual operating plan, outlining all activities in the Annual Giving program. A natural problem solver, our AG Officer will consider and recommend courses of action within the framework of existing policies and procedures should problems arise (and we know they do).
Your experience, creativity and decisive approach will have you bring methods, fresh ideas, and best practices forward to accomplish our goals. Moreover, you are proud to deliver detailed analysis through data and confidently make recommendations for improvements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee direct response communications to raise awareness and amplify the positive work of the organization, in turn increasing charitable gifts.
- Establish and maintain annual campaign and activity calendars
- Lead and execute fundraising and list-building campaigns from strategy development to execution (including campaign briefs, timelines, data segmentation, A/B testing, optimizations, and KPI results monitoring.)
- Work closely and manage relationships with Direct Mail service providers, as well as manage our Canada Post contract
- Responsible for and coordinate all aspects of Special Events (Owned Events) and will support the Director of Development with the coordination of third-party events (Note: we are not a big event shop!)
- Delight in stewardship calls with annual donors to thank them for gifts on a daily basis – flagging and elevating donors for more in-depth stewardship when you identify them
- Respond to general annual giving inquiries
- Keep records up to date through Raiser's Edge;
- Be aware of changing trends in philanthropy, adapting current programs and developing new programs in response to findings
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to develop all fundraising messages and associated resources, including annual impact reports, newsletters, e-newsletters, etc.
- Support the Director of Development with the implementation of Annual Giving Circles through strong communication and reporting
- In partnership with the Director of Development, develop and coordinate all digital and social media programs, including message research and development, creation of copy content, posting to the website, ensuring accuracy, effective web design and readability
- Monitor and evaluate fundraising activities to ensure the best possible use of resources and that fundraising goals are being met. Provide regular reports, including quarterly analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the Executive Director
- Maintain donor relation programs including Annual Reports and digital donor wall;
- Oversee the administration of the donor database, including charitable receipting. Ensure that the administration of the gifts meets all applicable legislation and standards. Responsible for database integrity, working closely with Raiser's Edge consultant. Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports.
- Provide support for budget preparation by preparing annual projections for the program (revenue and expenses)
- Analyze data and prepare reports tracking donor cultivation through the fundraising pipeline
- Participate in special assignments or projects as directed by the Executive Director
- Have a sense of humour!
Education & Experience:
- University degree from an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent background in fundraising, administration, communications and/or public relations
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation is considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years of fundraising experience with demonstrated achievement in key aspects of fund development, especially developing annual giving programs, donor relations and communications; measuring performance
- Proven experience developing successful annual giving programs
- Experience collaborating with a variety of stakeholders, including agency partners and members of the senior leadership team
Skills & Competencies:
- Possess strong managerial/operational skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, appropriate to various audiences
- Ability to develop and write strong donor communications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- The ability to think strategically and connect fundraising with the work of Perley Health
- Thorough working knowledge of fundraising databases. Experience with Raiser's Edge software (preferred)
- Experience with donor receipting processes in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regulations
- A commitment to the values and vision of Perley Health Foundation
- Excellent verbal and written skills; Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction/supervision
Full-Time: 37.5hr/week , $58,500-$71,200 plus benefits package, including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter, outlining your background and experience with each key responsibility.
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.