Perley Health is a unique and innovative community that empowers Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest. Home to more than 600 Seniors and Veterans in long-term care and in independent apartments, Perley Health provides a growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services to residents, tenants and people from across the region.
One of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario, Perley Health is also a centre for research, education, and clinical innovation. Our Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care conducts and shares the practical research needed to improve care. Future caregivers come here to study and to acquire hands-on skills and experience.
Perley Health’s values are brought to life each day by our over 800 employees. And more than 400 regular volunteers connect us closely with the community. Together, we improve the well-being of Canada’s aging population.
We are embarking on a multi-year growth strategy, and are seeking an experienced
The Administrative Assistant functions as a key team member and is responsible for providing administrative and coordination support to the Directors. This position coordinates efficient daily operations of the services in a professional manner, promotes good working relationships, and supports the philosophy of Resident/Client and family-centred care.
The Administrative Assistant has the following key responsibilities:
- Manages the calendar of the Directors, identifying priorities and making necessary adjustments.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings (including preparing packages), to ensure availability of room space, required needs, and all set up requirements are complete.
- Manages teleconferencing, audio-visual, catering and set-up for Directors portfolio.
- Complete minutes for meetings as directed.
- Draft and completes grammar and style edits for Directors correspondence, presentations and reports as required.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the Directors as required
- Supports the Ministry of Long-Term Care compliance visits to the home as required.
- Coordinates and schedules Perley Health tours for potential residents.
- Coordinates, schedules, and as is a primary contact for on-site funerals.
- Support action/follow up items from Professional Development Fund meetings.
- System administrative support for Policy Medical
- Administrative support for Accreditation as required.
- Approves payroll for the Directors Portfolio as required.
- Collates, develops and maintains data bases/spreadsheets on Directors portfolio as required.
- Builds and helps maintain quality and safety monitoring/auditing systems across various platforms
- Receives enquiries and concerns from the public, other external partners, and families, and follows Perley Health’s escalation processes.
- Develops and revises forms, templates as required.
- Trouble shoots office equipment malfunctions and makes requests for repairs.
- Participates in a team approach by attending and participating in team meetings, and training (e.g. continuous quality improvement initiatives) as required.
- Supports an electronic (paperless) work environment whenever possible and maintains an accurate, organized and current computer filing system.
- Originates new files and systems as required and ensures shredding or storing of outdated material as appropriate.
- Completes expense claims for review and approval.
- Orders office supplies and maintains inventory as required.
- Prints reports from multiple databases as required.
- Filing and File Management
- Ensures the confidentiality of records, files and verbal and written communication.
- Participates in continuing education programs in keeping with required competencies and skills.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the Directors.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration or related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience is required in a medium to large organization.
- Excellent minute taking and writing skills
- Excellent filing and administrative office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines without supervision
- Proficiency in the use of Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Zoom and Outlook computer software. Familiarity with Excel an asset
Please submit your resume and cover letter, outlining your background and experience with each key responsibility
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.