Reference Number 2023-420
Perley Health is a unique and innovative community that empowers Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest. Home to more than 600 Seniors and Veterans in long-term care and in independent apartments, Perley Health provides a growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services to residents, tenants and people from across the region.
One of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario, Perley Health is also a centre for research, education, and clinical innovation. Our Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care conducts and shares the practical research needed to improve care. Future caregivers come here to study and to acquire hands-on skills and experience.
Perley Health’s values are brought to life each day by our over 800 employees. And more than 400 regular volunteers connect us closely with the community. Together, we improve the well-being of Canada’s aging population.
We are embarking on a multi-year growth strategy, and are seeking an experienced
Administrative Assistant (Interprofessional Clinic)
Full-Time; 1.0 FTE
Reporting to the Billing and Administrative Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing clerical support to the Interprofessional Clinic team. This position supports and coordinates efficient daily operations of the services in a professional manner, promotes good working relationships, and supports the philosophy of client- centred care. The Administrative Assistant will work professionally in a team-focused environment, upholding the vision, mission, goals and objectives of Perley Health, and adhering to all policies and procedures.
The Administrative Assistant has the following key responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support with Clinic operations.
- Greets and registers patients according to patient registration guidelines.
- Interacts with patients to complete forms and documents related to their appointments, and maintain patient files.
- Establishes and maintains confidential medical records in accordance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act, internal policies and guidelines, and other legislative procedures.
- Answers phone calls and emails directed to the Interprofessional Clinic administrative team to provide information/assistance, route the caller to appropriate personnel or take messages.
- Assists with billing processes from clients at the front desk.
- Schedules, confirms and cancels appointments for clients.
- Provides administrative support to clinicians and students
- Coordinates room bookings for appointments.
- Scans patient documents into electronic medical record.
- Supports simple troubleshooting of hearing aids.
- Photocopies, faxes, and collects documents for distribution, mailing and filing.
- Ensures shredding or storing of outdated material as appropriate.
- Processes all correspondence and documents received (i.e. redistribution of mail, outgoing mail and e-mail).
- Keeps office inventory organized.
- Assists with opening and closing Clinic gate aligned with Interprofessional Clinic operational hours.
- Participates in continuing education programs in keeping with required competencies and skills.
- Participates in a team approach by attending and participating in team meetings, and training (e.g. continuous quality improvement initiatives).
- Promotes the mission of quality health care by performing any other tasks and duties that may be assigned or required, in order to maintain effective and efficient workflow.
- Other duties as requested by the Manager, Interprofessional Care or Billing and Administrative Coordinator
- Secondary school
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience is required, most recently as an Administrative Assistant (or Receptionist) preferably in a health care environment.
- 6 months on the job experience
- Bilingual: Fluency in written and spoken English and French preferable
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem-solve, and anticipate needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, and Outlook and ability to learn new software that may be introduced over time
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred but not essential
- Demonstrates good judgement and discretion in handling confidential information
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and to promote efficient processes in the work environment
- Use of: fax machine, photocopier, scanner, point-of-sale terminal
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.