November 1, 2019
- Please be advised the Perley Health does not offer respite beds.
The Guest House is a home-like 12-bedroom bungalow providing short and long-term respite care ranging from a few hours a day to a couple of weeks.
The program is designed for individuals with early to mid-stage dementia,. Residents can stay for a maximum of 90 days per year and those days do not have to be consecutive days.
- See Building #5 on the map- https://www.perleyhealth.ca/upload/documents/oct_4_2021_internal_parking.pdf
April 27, 2022 Update
- The Guest House closed at the start of the pandemic, in accordance with the Ontario government directive.
- The Guest House re-opened to existing Guest House clients on the Saturday April 2.
- To re-familiarize clients with the program and to follow public health recommendations, respite sessions for days only were introduced on weekends. Clients were cohorted.
- For clients, the COVID-19 screening for clients is completed by the Guest House Team Leader.
- Guest House staff will follow the Perley Health protocols for screening and testing.
- There is not yet a start date for overnight respite program in the Guest House.
- Guest House Manager – Beth Monaco firstname.lastname@example.org 613-749-7557 ext. 2147
- Guest House Leader – Casey Laflèche – 343-998-2812 (direct business cellphone) email@example.com.
- Referrals and applications are made through Home and Community Care support services – 613-745-5525
- Guest House – 613-247-1664 ext 7.
- Website, where caregivers and clients will be able to make reservations: https://guesthouseottawa.ca/
Home and Community Care Support Services Champlain is responsible for determining eligibility.