Reference Number 2022-330
Perley Health is a unique and innovative community that empowers Seniors and Veterans to live life to the fullest. Home to more than 600 Seniors and Veterans in long-term care and in independent apartments, Perley Health provides a growing number of clinical, therapeutic and recreational services to residents, tenants and people from across the region.
One of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario, Perley Health is also a centre for research, education, and clinical innovation. Our Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care conducts and shares the practical research needed to improve care. Future caregivers come here to study and to acquire hands-on skills and experience.
Perley Health’s values are brought to life each day by our over 800 employees. And more than 400 regular volunteers connect us closely with the community. Together, we improve the well-being of Canada’s aging population.
Our Therapeutic Recreation and Creative Arts Department has the following opportunity:
The Recreation Programmer position involves working with residents in our long-term care home. A major focus of the Recreation Programmer’s role is to provide recreational activities, to enhance the quality of life for our residents.
The Recreation Programmer has the following key responsibilities:
- Involved in providing individual and group recreational activities
- Participate in the planning, designing, developing and delivery of different programs
- Assess and provide feedback on programs to determine that the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of our residents are being met
- Documentation using point click care and activity PRO
- 2-year College Diploma in Recreation/Leisure Studies
- Current Food Handler’s Certificate
- Previous job-related experience working with individuals with dementia
- Experience in a long-term care setting
- F class driver’s license would be considered an asset
- Ability to work with the elderly in a resident centered long-term care environment.
- Ability to create and foster therapeutic relationships.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (English), French is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate people and able to work as part of a team.
- Skilled at problem solving and critical thinking in order to propose and implement solutions.
To apply for this position, please forward your cover letter and CV to:
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.