REFERENCE NUMBER: 2021-376
MANAGER OF RESIDENT CARE
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Perley Health is transforming care for Seniors and Veterans. Perley Health community of care includes:
- 450 long-term care beds
- 139 independent-living apartments
- Assisted Living services for Seniors in the community
- A variety of on-site clinical services
- A burgeoning Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care, conducting applied research and developing best practices in the care of older adults living with frailty.
Perley Health is fortunate to have 850 dedicated staff and 400 wonderful volunteers, and the support of Perley Health Foundation, in meeting the needs of our residents, tenants, and clients.
- Reports to the Director of Nursing and is responsible for the day to day provision of consistent quality resident-centered care.
- Promotes a positive working environment for team members
- Collaborates with other members of the interdisciplinary team to achieve comprehensive and integrated care planning
- Consistently demonstrates professional conduct in accordance with the College's standards for nursing practice and ethics
- Leads and implements Quality Improvement Initiatives.
- Supports clinical, human resource, financial and operational priorities and initiatives at the organization and unit level.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) and ensure that the Perley Rideau’s residents/clients and families are provided with quality care and that the organization meets or exceeds the provincial standards of resident care delivery.
- Member of the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing (RN preferred)
- Previous management experience in a unionized environment (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge in Long-Term Care, Geriatric Care and Dementia Care an asset
- Member of RNAO or other healthcare professional association
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Familiarity with Point Click Care/QHR would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational, time management and decision make skills
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (Heart Saver) Certificate
- Police Check (vulnerable sector)
The deadline to apply for this position is 4:00 p.m. Sunday, November 14th, 2021. Please forward your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.
- Download this document: CLICK HERE
Perley Health: A Great Place to Work for People Dedicated To Enriching the Lives of Seniors