Research Associate in Frailty-Informed Care
(Part-time, one-year contract)
Summary of Position
Perley Health Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care (Centre of Excellence) facilitates applied research that fuels innovation in education, best practices and knowledge translation. Our goal is to ensure that seniors and Veterans living with frailty receive the highest level of care both within our walls and beyond.
The Centre of Excellence is part of Perley Health, a unique and innovative campus of care located on a 25-acre campus adjacent to The Ottawa Hospital. Perley Health is home to approximately 450 residents in long-term care, along with approximately 200 seniors in 139 independent-living apartments.
The Centre of Excellence is seeking a temporary part-time (0.5 FTE) research associate for a one-year contract position, with the possibility of renewal. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and supporting various research projects from start to finish, including: conceptualization, design, data collection, analysis and dissemination.
The successful candidate will hold a PhD with extensive research experience related to older adults and Veterans living with frailty, aligned with the Centre of Excellence research priorities:
- Mental Health
- Living Environment
- Physical Health
- Person-Centered Care
- Social and Emotional Health
- Staff Professional Development and Training
- Recreational Activities
Responsibilities and Deliverables
The main focus of the research associate position will be to:
- Participate in the development of proposals and research ethics board applications for research studies.
- Conduct literature reviews, design and implement data collection, analysis and dissemination procedures.
- Lead the development of grant applications to promote growth and sustainability.
- Lead knowledge translation activities with a strong focus on publication in peer-reviewed journals to inform best practices, policy change and health system transformation.
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with other researchers, institutes, industry and government to amplify impact.
- Collaborate with clinicians to conduct research and evaluation activities that support the integration of best practices into clinical care.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and support to students, trainees and staff to foster a culture of innovation and research.
- Hold a PhD in a related field (preferred), or a Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of applied experience in health research.
- Current active involvement conducting research related to frailty and improving the health and well-being of older adults and Veterans.
- Research interests and track record demonstrating alignment with Centre of Excellence research priorities.
- Highly motivated individual that is committed to developing evidence that will advance quality of life for older adults and Veterans living with frailty.
- Knowledge of the continuum of care for older adults, including home and community care and long-term care.
- Expertise in qualitative or quantitative research methods. Expertise in both would be considered an asset.
- Advanced project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong willingness to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills in English (both verbal and written), French considered an asset.
- The position is a one-year part-time (0.5 FTE) contract with the possibility of renewal, flexible hours/days.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The position will be based at Perley Health in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required, unless the person has an exemption on medical or religious grounds pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters should be no longer than 2 pages and should clearly demonstrate how the candidate meets the qualifications of the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for additional screening and/or an interview will be contacted.